Hunter Library's Virtual Reality (VR) Room
Hunter Library's Virtual Reality (VR) Room is located on the first floor of the Library in HL 184. From the main elevator, you turn right, past the restrooms and the library's Electronic Classroom (HL 186). The VR Room is on the left. There are two Oculus Rift stations, two HTC Vive Stations, and 1 PlayStation VR in the room but during this post-COVID trial period, only two stations will be available. These stations are each equipped with a high-end PC, VR software, and any already downloaded applications in the software library. There is room for spectators, two couches, and the large screen monitors in the room can be easily seen from the windows both around the room and from outside. Your confirmed booking is needed before you can check out the controllers from the Circulation Desk. Safety and conduct guidelines are posted in the room and by reserving the room you agree to abide by those and liability statements.
A tour of the facilities is available by contacting Robin Hitch at 828-227-2210 or by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Class labs and educational experiences have priority.
- When you will need to log in to schedule time with your username and password.
- You will be asked to provide your "PublicTitle" before being able to check out the controllers at the Circulation Desk.
- This room is considered an instructional space, so masks are required for all occupants in the room.
- Please use the faceguards provided with the controllers as it helps with sanitation and your protection while using the stations.
- Cleaning happens between sessions so please only use the station you signed up for.
- Other occupants may be using the room with you, so remember to maintain a safe distance.
These rules help ensure we can keep the VR room open. Thank you for your support.
You have reached the end of the bookable window. No availability will be shown past this point.
Your session is about to expire, click here
to continue your session.
Your session has expired, please reload
the page to start again.